Official name of the museum:
Federal State Cultural institution “Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve for history, architecture and art”
Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
In 1997 it was included into the List of the most precious objects of cultural heritage of the peoples of Russia.
Branch of the museum:
The Museum of Dionisy’s frescoes in the Ferapontovo village, since 2000 it is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The Kirillo-Belozersky museum–reserve includes the architectural ensembles of the Kirillo-Belozersky (1397) and Ferapontov monasteries (1398), the Goritsy convent (1544) and the wooden church of St. Prophet Elijah (1775).
The museum possesses wonderful collections of Old Russian painting, embroidery, manuscripts and early printed books, archeology, applied and folk art.
The main areas of the museum: (together with the branch) the total territory – 20,04 hectares.
The room area - 20 805,5 square metres.
The display area - 6 530 square metres.
The repository area - 1 945 square metres.
Number of buildings – 64.