Our branches

The Museum of Dionisys Frescoes is situated in the architectural ensemble of the Ferapontov monastery (St. Feraponts monastery) of the 15th-19th centuries in the village Ferapontovo.

The Ferapontov monastery was founded in 1398 by the Holy monk Ferapont. During 400 years it was one of the prominent cultural, religious and educational centres of the Belozersk district. The history of the monastery coincided at some focal points with the important historical events of the formation of the Russian centralized state. The monastery became well-known thanks to the activity of St. Martinian, the disciple of St. Kirill Belozersky.