Chronicle of basic events

01.01.2002
The ensemble of St. Ferapont monastery with Dionisys frescoes was included on the List of UNESCO World Cultural Heritage.
28.04.2001
President of Russian Federation Vladimir Putin visited the museum.
02.04.1997
The Russian President signed a decree that included Kirillo-Belozersky museum-reserve into the List of Specially Important Objects of Cultural Heritage of the People of the Russian Federation.
01.06.1991
In summer the museum began first to accept foreign tourists, traveling on Volgo-Baltic water-way. For a summer season the museum received 173 groups with 4849 foreign tourists. First tourists were from FRG, Switzerland, Italy, USA.
01.01.1971
Archaeological excavations under the direction of A.N. Kirpichnikov and I.N. Khlopin were done on the territory of the museum.
01.06.1969
They shooted a film Republic Heritage with participation of Andrei Mironov on the territory of the museum.
27.06.1968
By order of Council of Ministers of RSFSR the Kirillo-Belozersky historical and art museum-reserve was created.
01.01.1957
The museum was reorganized in Kirillov historical and art museum.
01.12.1941
It was necessary to take away the permanent exhibition of the museum, because there was a repair shop of airplane engines in its place, in a vast refectory chamber.
01.01.1935
The Kirillo-Belozersky historical and art museum was reorganized in a Kirillov district museum.
01.01.1929
First permanent exposition was opened in 1929. It consisted of seven sections and gave an idea of colonization of this land, and history of the monastery. The exposition was placed in the Presentation church with the Refectory chamber
20.01.1928
All churches, buildings, utility structures of the former St. Ferapont monastery and land in number 4,2 hectares were passed to the museum.
01.01.1926
The Kirillo-Belozersky museum became independent.
01.01.1924
The Kirillo-Belozersky monastery was closed and the Kirillo-Belozersky historical and art museum was created (a branch of the Cherepovetsky district museum of a province). In 1926 the museum in Ferapontovo became a branch of the Kirillo-Belozersky histori
31.10.1919
Petersburg department of museums activities and preservation of monuments of art issued a Safe conduct to the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery.
01.01.1903
Hieromonk Anthony (A.A. Alexandrov) made an attempt to organize the museum in the Kirillo-Belozersky monastery.