Virtual exhibitions

Natural materials, wood and clay were used to make necessary household articles. They were abundantly decorated with carving and bright painting and thus turned into remarkable works of folk art. They accompanied people from birth to death.

Temporary exhibitions in the Museum of Town and District History tell visitors about glorious pages of history of the native region, respected and famous residents. The Kirillov district can be proud of its fellow-townsmen. There are a lot of military men among them, for example, Lieutenant General Leonid Alexeevich Shivdyakov, native of the Charozero rural council.

The exhibition “When Ready, the Samovar is Always Inviting” from the private collection of V.N. Sapivuz and the museum holdings was opened in the Cook-house in June, 2013.

During the festival of historical reenactment in the museum, visitors could see the photo display “Kirillo-Belozersky Siege” presenting pictures of the previous festivals on the walls of the New Town.

The one-man exhibition of Nikolay Mishusta, Honoured Artist of the Russian Federation, chairman of the Union of Artists of the Vologda Region, was opened in the conference-hall of the museum on May 14. 33 works created within the last few years are presented in two halls.

The exhibition “We Are Eternal Tenderness of Each Other…” dedicated to the memory of Ivan Timofeevich and Olga Ivanovna Andreevs was opened in the Museum of Town and District History on May 2. Their daughters, relatives, friends, colleagues and pupils came to the opening ceremony of the display. They could not only see photographs, documents and personal things, but also listen to saxophone music performed by Viktor Khabarov (Archangelsk).

The exhibition “Petersburg Style” presenting 200 works of graphic artists Vladimir Ivanovich, Nikolay Vladimirovich and Natalya Nikolaevna Serdyukovs was opened in two halls on the ground floor of the House of Father Superior in early May 2014.

The exhibition titled “Military Valour of Centuries” was opened in the Vologda Tower. It presents reconstruction of armour and arms of the 13th – 17th centuries.

The exhibition “Black and White Moments of Vladimir Tarasovsky” was open in the parvis of the Refectory of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve. It presented 50 works of the photo artist made in different years. Visitors could see them till late July 2014.

The image of the Virgin of the 18th – 19th centuries from the tempera painting collection of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve.

The display “Bicentenary of the First World War” was opened in the Museum of Town and District History in November 2014. It presented photographs, printed publications, and personal documents dating back to 1914-1918 from the collection of the Kirillo-Belozersky Historical, Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve.

One-man exhibition of Russia’s Honoured Artist Galina Mamrovskaya.

The exhibition “Sketches of Different Years…” about the creative work of Nikolay Baskakov and Dzhanna Tutundzhan was opened in the conference hall of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve on July 3, 2014. Seventy pictures of the artists were displayed in two halls.

The 90th anniversary of the museum foundation was celebrated in 2014. The contest of drawings “I am in the Museum” was held to attract attention of children and youth to history and culture of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve and the Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, to bring them up to love their country, to involve them in the problem of preservation of architectural and historical monuments, and to stir up their creative activity.

The exhibition of Vologda’s artist Arkady Polyakov “Opening the World” was opened in the conference hall of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve on January 29, 2015. It presented 45 works painted in different years.

The one-man exhibition of Vologda’s artist Olga Karpachyova “Around the World with Sketch-Book” was opened in the conference hall of the Kirillo-Belozersky Museum-Reserve on March 20, 2015. It presented 62 works painted in different years.

Page: Prev. 1 2 3 4